There is an orphan crisis in the world.
There are 163 MILLION modern-day orphans in the world. Three thousand of them are in Orange County. There are so many more people in this world who love Jesus. In fact, if just seven percent of the world’s Christians cared for an orphan, there would be no more orphans. That means ninety-three percent of Christ’s body are available to surround and support the seven, making this the most solvable crisis on our planet.
Their needs are diverse, and so are we. From foster care to adoption, camps to cooking classes, mentoring, budget coaching and global orphan care initiatives. ROCKHARBOR’s Orphan Care Ministry is dedicated to caring for orphans as a celebratory response to our own adoption and redemption as children of God. The world’s orphan crisis is too big for any one person to respond to, but together, this is solvable.
Whether you are young or old or married or single or anywhere in between; there is a place for you in God’s call to care for the orphan. We can all find a part to play:
Royal Family Kids Camp (Summer) & Mentoring (Year-Round)
Royal Family Kids’ mission is to take foster kids, aged 6 – 11, through a one week camp to model the love of Jesus Christ and teach them that there is a God that loves them and has a positive plan and purpose for their life despite their current circumstances. We provide a week of life-changing experiences for abused, abandoned, and neglected foster youth. Come experience the difference a week can make in the life of a child! For more information contact Jim Farmer.
2017 Camp Dates: July 30-August 4
ROCKHARBOR TEEN MINISTRY
We exist to help fill the gap in care for foster teens. Our desire is to build lasting life-long relationships, community, partnership, and believe in the fact that every youth regardless of age deserves a forever home. Through stable adult role models, we provide mentors, resources, networking, encouragement and prayer for teens in and around the foster care system as they prepare for and move towards emancipation.
ROCKHARBOR Teen Ministry hosts an annual 3-day summer camp for at-risk youth in the foster care system ages 12 to 18. The weekend brings a positive, caring and safe environment in which the teens can begin to develop their true potential and hear the message of Jesus Christ.
2017 Camp Dates: July 14-16
Facts on Foster Youth
* At least 38% of foster youth in California experience 5 or more placements
* 73% of foster youth in California spend two or more years in the foster care system
* Studies have shown that an average of 61% of children entering the foster care system test positive for developmental delay. In sharp contrast, the general population averages 4% to 10%
* In Orange County, there are approximately 3,000 children in foster care
* Only 50% will receive a high school diploma
* Only 10% of former foster youth will attend college and, of that 10%, only 3% will graduate
* 50% of former foster youth will be homeless during their first two years after exiting foster care
* 60% of girls become pregnant within a few years after leaving the foster care system
* 50% of youth leaving foster care are unemployed
* 33% receive public assistance
…this is why we do what we do — and this is why we need your help.
Throughout the year we have monthly youth group gatherings, one-on-one mentoring, and group home visits. If you would like any more information on these programs, please email email@example.com